Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Greater Sydney area
- Greater Melbourne area
- Wollongong and Illawarra
- Australian Capital Territory
- Newcastle and Central Coast
$85 - $100+ per hour, with Superannuation paid in addition.
What does it take to be an Ability Consultant?
- Do you have a passion for improving people’s lives?
- Are you a highly motivated and conscientious clinician?
- Do you enjoy designing innovative personalised solutions?
You will be part of a friendly and growing team of Psychologists, Behaviour Analysts and Allied Health Professionals. We are all from different backgrounds and life experiences, and we love this diversity.
Ability Consultants is a thriving Positive Behaviour Support practice working with NDIS participants of all ages. We see a life of greater freedom and social connection for people affected by disability. We believe life-changing PBS services should be easy for people in the NDIS to access.
- We have strong ethics and person centred values;
- We are committed to providing high-value, innovative Behaviour support and therapy for participants in the NDIS;
- You will operate as an independent contractor, in your local area;
- You can vary your caseload and work-hours to suit your life-balance and goals;
- You will receive ongoing professional supervision and support focused not only on your day to day practice but also your professional development;
- You will be paid Superannuation, a generous hourly rate, and supported with your ongoing learning and development goals.
To commence you will need:
- Experience in conducting functional behaviour assessments and plans with people with disability;
- Tertiary qualifications (in ABA BCaBA/BCBA, Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or other relevant area);
- Membership of a professional body, e.g. AHPRA, ACWA, ABAA;
- Your own ABN;
- Current driver's license and privately insured vehicle;
- Ability to drive to client meetings, with remuneration for travel costs provided;
- Police check and Working with Children Check.
As part of our recruitment process for shortlisted applicants, you will be required to provide a work sample. Shortlisted applicants will then complete a Positive Behaviour Support Capability Survey. Details of this will be emailed to you.
This role may be offered as a Specialist or a Senior Specialist, depending on experience.
If this sounds like you or if you would like further information please contact Jane Pfaff on 0416 006 740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.