Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Greater Sydney area
- Blue Mountains
- Wollongong and Illawarra
- Newcastle and Central Coast
- NSW Mid-Coast
- NSW Northern Rivers
- Australian Capital Territory
$90 - $100+ per hour, with Superannuation paid in addition.
What does it take to be an Ability Consultant?
- Do you have a passion for improving people’s lives?
- Are you a highly motivated and conscientious clinician?
- Do you enjoy designing innovative personalised solutions?
You will be part of a friendly and growing team of Psychologists, Behaviour Analysts and Allied Health Professionals. We are all from different backgrounds and life experiences, and we love this diversity.
Ability Consultants is a thriving Positive Behaviour Support practice working with NDIS participants of all ages. We see a life of greater freedom and social connection for people affected by disability. We believe life-changing PBS services should be easy for people in the NDIS to access.
- We have strong ethics and person centred values;
- We are committed to providing high-value, innovative Behaviour support and therapy for participants in the NDIS;
- You will operate as an independent contractor, in your local area;
- You can vary your caseload and work-hours to suit your life-balance and goals;
- You will receive ongoing professional supervision and support focused not only on your day to day practice but also your professional development;
- You will be paid Superannuation, a generous hourly rate, and supported with your ongoing learning and development goals.
To commence you will need:
- Experience providing person-centred services;
- Experience in conducting functional behaviour assessments and plans with people with disability;
- Experience collaborating with families and other support networks;
- Willingness to engage in weekly mentoring, training and assessment to satisfy ongoing registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission;
- Tertiary qualifications (in ABA BCaBA/BCBA, Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or other relevant area);
- Membership of a professional body, e.g. AHPRA, ACWA, ABAA;
- Your own ABN;
- Current driver's license and privately insured vehicle;
- Ability to drive to client meetings, with remuneration for travel costs provided;
- Police check and Working with Children Check.
As part of our recruitment process, you will complete two simple work samples. Details will be emailed to you.
This role may be offered as a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner or Specialist Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner (in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Capability Framework).
If this sounds like you or if you would like further information please contact Jane Pfaff on (02) 9054 0486 or [email protected]