Our Current Covid-19 Response, May 2020
01 April 2020
We work to find resourceful ways to support freedom, social connection and wellbeing for people with a disability, and this matters more now than ever.
How are we providing safe and effective Positive Behaviour Support services during the Covid-19 crisis?
- On 28 March, we made the decision to provide telepractice services and no on-site services, to help stem the spread of the virus
- On 08 May, as government authorities began to relax some restrictions in Australia, we resumed some direct, on-site, face to face services
- Via a variety of digital platforms, our clinicians are providing a full range of Positive Behaviour Support services. We will continue to use telepractice in the majority of cases, while there remains a significant risk in relation to Covid-19
- If you do not wish to use telepractice, please discuss the possibility of a face to face service from your clinician. Your clinician will schedule this appointment, to occur at a place and time that you and they determine is safe, respectful and supportive.
- Your clinician will share a checklist prior to the visit to help manage health and safety
- Our admin team is busy and eager to help you with your referral
- We're continuing to grow as a team, and we're seeking more brilliant new team members
- We’re making a huge ongoing investment in team growth and wellbeing through ongoing in-service training, weekly 1:1 mentoring, and great collaboration
We can help preserve quality of life for the people we support and make things better during this challenging time.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.
1300 694 625 email@example.com