Psychologist (Fully Registered)
- Greater Sydney area
- Blue Mountains
- Wollongong and Illawarra
- Newcastle and Central Coast
- NSW Mid-Coast
- NSW Northern Rivers
- Australian Capital Territory
Salary: 115,000+ Full-time Permanent, with Superannuation paid in addition and Flexible Working.
Ability Consultants provides Behaviour Support and psychological services to NDIS participants of all ages.
Our mission is Freedom and Social Connection through providing easy access to Positive Behaviour Support. We see a life of greater freedom and social connection for people affected by disability. We believe life-changing Positive Behaviour Support Services should be easy for people in the NDIS to access. We are the leading Behaviour Support Service in Sydney, and we’d love you to be a part of our national expansion.
To deliver this mission, we focus on Learning and Development inside the team. As a Psychologist you will provide behaviour support (Including Restricted Practices), psychological support, conduct assessments, provide therapy and make recommendations to NDIS participants and stakeholders.
Does this sound like you?
- Are you highly motivated, conscientious and passionate about improving people's lives?
- Do you enjoy designing innovative personalised solutions?
- Are you willing to challenge yourself and work with amazing people?
- Do you enjoy providing psychological services to help people improve their quality of life?
- Are you focused on continued learning and on developing your own skills?
- Are you self motivated and enthusiastic about going the extra mile and taking on projects which will enhance learning within the team?
What can Ability consultants do for you?
You will be part of a friendly and growing team of Psychologists, allied health clinicians and Behaviour Support Professionals.
We are all from different backgrounds and life experiences, and you will love this diversity. We have strong ethics and person centred values.
- Weekly supervision and mentoring by senior psychologist
- Paid training (in house and outside)
- Flexible work life balance
- Manageable and achievable KPIs
- Highly competitive salary
- Opportunities to become a mentor to other behaviour support clinicians
What does a typical day look like?
No day is ever exactly the same! You could be out on the road, delivering therapy with clients in the morning, and in the afternoon carrying out a psychological assessment with a client at their day program or school. Another day might involve working from home, writing up Behaviour Support plans, completing clinical notes and making a number of telephone calls.
To commence you will need:
- Full Registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
- Experience and knowledge in conducting functional behaviour assessments and developing behaviour support plans for people with disability
- Experience working with, and supporting participants, their families and support networks
- Knowledge and experience identifying and developing restricted practices resources inline with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission guidelines
- Experience in conducting psychological assessments
- Current driver's licence and privately insured vehicle
- Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organised with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to engage in an Individual Learning and Development Plan
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide a work sample. Details of this will be emailed to you.
If this sounds like you or if you would like further information please contact Jane Pfaff on 9054 0486 or [email protected]