- This event has passed.
Motivational Interviewing for Helping Professionals, Day 2: Supporting Real Change
March 7, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$250
In this second workshop you will learn how to use Motivational Interviewing, not just to Engage with your clients, but to actually guide them toward concrete goals that they set for themselves.
Retaining a Person-Centred Spirit, you will extend the Core Skills learned on day one to include:
- Moving between the four stages of an MI conversation
- Avoiding dead-ends and traps in your conversations
- Noticing the subtle signs that people are getting ready for change
- How to gently draw-out more of a person’s readiness and confidence
- How to plan with a person while building their own enthusiasm and autonomy
- How to foster a person-centred culture, and a set of MI skills, in your team
David Ackling-Jones is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT). He began training disability professionals in Motivational Interviewing in 2010 when establishing new services for people with a disability exiting correctional facilities. He has since provided tailored MI training with hundreds of professionals in Disability, Dementia Care, Mental Health, Medicine, Vocational Rehabilitation and Corrections.
David is a professional affiliate with the Centre for Disability Studies, Sydney University, and has assisted in the delivery and design of their Person Centred Active Support Train the Trainer curriculum.
What is next?
Enquire now about advanced training, tailored coaching and ongoing feedback with you and your team.